Geological Services Incorporated provides a broad range of professional services to municipalities, private industry, developers, lending institutions, other geological, hydrogeological and engineering firms, and the legal community. Our areas of specialization include the following:
- Nitrate Loading/Ground Water Availibility Assessment
- Ground Water Exploration, Development and Permitting
- Surface Water/Ground Water Withdrawal Permitting
- Contaminant Fate and Transport Modeling
- Ground Water Flow Modeling
- Statitical Evaluation -Contaminant Impact/Timing Studies
- Expert Witness Services
- Municipal Well Head Protection
- Basinwide Numerical Modeling of Ground Water Flow
- Regional/Local Ground Water Management Program Development
Mission - Geological Services Incorporated was formed in 1994 to provide a comprehensive suite of expert environmental services to commercial, industrial and municipal clients. Our goal is to provide our clients with accessible expert geological, hydrological and environmental consulting services, and concise, understandable technical reporting on time and on budget.
Quality Assurance - All Geological Services projects are directly supervised by Mr. Paul R. Miller, a Licensed Professional Geologist with more than 25 years of professional experience. Mr. Miller is licensed in the State of Pennsylvania (PG-000716-G), and has served as Principal Investigator on over one hundred separate environmental and water resource projects in the Mid-Atlantic, Southeastern and Northwestern United States.
Corporate Structure - For the past 17 years, Geological Services has operated as a full service environmental consulting company teaming our own highly skilled technical staff with an extensive network of qualified contractor and subcontractor companies. In addition to our core senior professional staff, we maintain a permanent staff of senior level field technicians who provide day to day operation, field monitoring, and maintenance of GSI ground water remediation systems and construction projects. In this manner, almost all significant phases of our work scopes are competitively bid on a project by project basis to assure the lowest cost and highest standard of technical performance - without the overhead and administrative inefficiencies of most larger environmental consulting companies. Using this approach over the course of GSI corporate history, we have developed, built, and permitted major well fields for industrial clients, cleaned up numerous environmentally impacted sites to include all phases of site characterization, remedial system design, construction, operation, and final demonstration of regulatory agency attainment standards leading to site closure. Additionally, we have developed Well Head Protection (WHP) and Water Resource Management Programs for nearly two dozen municipalities throughout Pennsylvania, and have been recognized for technical excellence by the US EPA (Region III), York County Planning Commission, and the Pennsylvania Rural Water Association (PWRA).
Awards and Recognition -
- Ground Water System of the Year - 2001; Shrewsbury Borough Well Head Protection Plan; Pennsylvania Rural Water Association
- 2001 Planning Award; Shrewsbury Borough Well Head Protection Plan; York County Planning Commission; York, Pennsylvania
- 2004 Water Resource Management; Shrewsbury Municipal Water Company - Outstanding Leadership in Water Resource Management; US EPA Region 3, Washington, D.C.